Are you craving a tantalizing dish that combines the crispiness of fried chicken with the sweetness of honey glaze? Look no further! In this blog tutorial, we’ll guide you through the steps to create a mouthwatering honey-glazed fried chicken dish with a Korean twist. Get ready to impress your taste buds and those of your guests with this delightful recipe.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 1/2 kg chicken wings
- 1/2 cup peanuts
- 4 red chili peppers
- 2 cups of flour
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/4 cup ginger
- 1 cup honey
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup vinegar
Let’s prepare the chicken:
- Begin by cutting the chicken wings into three sections: the drumette, the flat, and the tip. Discard the tips or save them for making chicken stock.
- In a large bowl, marinate the chicken with salt and black pepper. Allow it to marinate for at least 30 minutes to enhance the flavor.
- Once marinated, coat the chicken wings with flour. Ensure each piece is evenly coated to achieve a crispy texture when fried.
- Heat a deep fryer or a large pot with enough oil for frying. Set the heat to medium and wait for the oil to reach the optimal frying temperature. You can test the temperature by dropping a small piece of flour-coated chicken into the oil. If it sizzles and turns golden brown within a minute, the oil is ready.
- Carefully place the coated chicken wings into the hot oil, ensuring not to overcrowd the pot. Fry them in batches, if necessary, to maintain an even frying temperature.
- Fry the chicken wings until they turn a beautiful golden brown. This usually takes around 8-10 minutes, but ensure you check one wing to ensure they are fully cooked. Once done, transfer the fried wings to a paper towel-lined plate to remove any excess oil.
Now, let’s prepare the honey glaze sauce:
- Heat a large pan over medium heat and add 2 tbsp of cooking oil.
- Saute the garlic, ginger, and red chili peppers in the pan until they become fragrant and slightly softened.
- In a separate bowl, combine the soy sauce, vinegar, honey, and sugar. Mix them well until the sugar dissolves.
- Pour the soy sauce mixture into the pan with the sautéed ingredients. Stir everything together, allowing the sauce to bubble and thicken slightly for a few minutes.
- Add the peanuts and sesame seeds to the sauce, stirring them in to incorporate the flavors.
- Once the sauce has reached a sticky consistency, add the fried chicken wings to the pan. Carefully toss and coat the wings with the honey glaze sauce.
- Continue stirring the chicken wings in the sauce for a few minutes until they are thoroughly coated and the glaze has caramelized slightly.
- Remove the pan from heat and transfer the honey-glazed fried chicken wings to a serving platter.
- Garnish your dish with a sprinkle of sesame seeds for an added visual appeal.
Now, it’s time to serve and enjoy your delicious creation. This Korean-inspired honey-glazed fried chicken pairs perfectly with steamed rice, kimchi, and a refreshing side salad. Whether you’re hosting a dinner party or simply craving a delightful meal, this recipe is sure to satisfy your cravings and impress your guests.
So, put on your apron, gather the ingredients, and get ready to indulge in the irresistible flavors of honey-glazed fried chicken Korean-style. Happy cooking!